This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Monday, February 22, 2010

Gardening

We have become obsessed about the idea of gardening here. And then canning it ... who have I become??? LOL. We've done lots of research and found a local garden supply store that offers lots of free classes & the people were really friendly too. Now, we're just trying to research more to figure out the best way to get around things ... like hail in the summer (where have I moved to???) and the fact that there are rabbits all around here.
And this is a rental property, I don't want to invest a lot of money into something that we don't own. But, I want it to be a great harvest too! This year with all the canning supplies we'll need we won't break even, but next year it will save us lots of money, and we're working on the long term goals here.
I found this article about protecting the garden from hail. And then I found this idea at A Thrifty Mom for creating a greenhouse for our plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment