This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Saturday - Budgeting your Food Storage -

I have loved getting to try and research and experiment more with my food storage. I've been trying so many new recipes to post here, but now it's Saturday ... and I plan on taking a break for the weekend to enjoy some time with my family. We're hopefully going to Costco (it's a 45 minute drive away) ... oh Costco, how I miss thee! Seriously people, huge gap in my life without it.

But, I thought that Saturdays might be a good time to point out other blogs & other people's information. I've been amazed at how many people are just as passionate about food storage and really have put so much time and effort into putting the information they have gathered out there.

I'd like to preface this post with my own personal opinion. Your food storage should be tailored to your family. I don't believe there is a right or a wrong way to do food storage. We are given some general council and guidance, but the church's own literature says you need to find your own way that works for your family. My family's eating habits and yours will be different and there is nothing wrong with that.

When we would have classes at my home (which honestly were more like group discussions ... I learned so much from everyone who came & shared with us!), I always prefaced my information that that was what worked best for my family, but that it wasn't the only way to do something. I believe as long as we are working towards the goal of a year's supply we will be blessed and we will find our own way.
With that being said, I found a wonderful blog called Prepared LDS Family. I'm still reading so much of it, but it's wonderful and I hope you'll take the time to check it out.

The particular post I wanted to highlight is about starting and budgeting for your food storage. We've been working on our food storage for years, and have used it and depleted it and built it up again a couple of times. The goal this year is to use & re-use without completely depleting it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment