This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why Another Blog?

I know there are millions of blogs out there, I get lost every day in all the wonderful-ness (is that even really a word?) of them. But! I haven't found a food storage blog for Cheyenne or this are of Wyoming. So here I am, today it's snowing and I have no way to really go out, so I'm typing this up instead.
Who am I? Well, I'm a recent transplant to Cheyenne. We lived in Las Vegas previously and it was amazing to see how quickly it went from a thriving city to almost depression level un-employment. During that time, we had already started to gather up our food storage and were even having monthly classes at our home to teach & learn with others.
I coupon quite a bit (more now that we've moved to Cheyenne), but I feel that the ultimate way to save money lies in our food storage. Using it more, learning more recipes & utilizing it in our lives. It will save us money on our groceries and will teach us all the self-reliance we need to succeed.
I've made it a personal goal to use our food storage (any part of our food storage) daily in our new home. And plan on posting more recipes & share more tidbits & sales that I find in Cheyenne. Hopefully it will help us become more self-reliant and use our food storage better.

No comments:

Post a Comment