This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oatmeal Recipes -Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins-

If you haven't checked out the Prepared LDS Family website, you should. She puts a lot of time into her site and has a lot of valuable information gathered together. When I was searching for more oatmeal recipes, this site was one of the first that came up in my searches, and I love her chocolate chip oatmeal muffins!
When I was first making the muffins, I thought I had done something wrong, because they were very plain looking as I placed them into the oven, nothing at all like the golden color of her muffins, but while they baked they turned golden & delicious. :)
I hadn't taken any photos when all of a sudden I realized my children had DEVOURED the other 9, so I quickly placed them on a platter and snapped a picture, they didn't even make it to dinner (and I made them late in the afternoon).
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal (I used quick)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. low-fat buttermilk (I used the reconstituted powdered milk that I keep in my fridge, alone with 1 tbsp. vinegar to make it buttermilk)
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. honey (and to keep the honey from sticking to the measuring spoon, I use the same measuring spoon that I used for vegetable oil, then it slides out more easily, maybe it's a well known fact to most, but I never knew to do it until Paula Deen mentioned it on an episode)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. regular chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees & grease a 12 muffin pan. By hand, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, honey, and egg and mix well. Add wet and dry ingredients together. Mix until just blended, do not over mix! Spoon into each muffin cup, about 1/2 - 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes and remove muffins from pan after about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment