This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Friday, March 26, 2010

Oatmeal Recipes - Oatmeal Cake -

I really like the shelf reliance website. They have lots of great recipes and ideas. I'll never, never, never pay hundreds of dollars for a metal ramp to rotate my cans, but the recipe part of the site is nice. Which is were this oatmeal cake recipe is from, I've earmarked lots of other ones to try too.
They weren't kidding when they described it as homey looking. But, it was a very rich cake. When we tried it, we all agreed that it would be PERFECT warm with some vanilla ice cream on the side. I had a bundt cake pan and thought that it would look pretty from it, but despite greasing the life out of my pan, this thing crumbled when I tried to flip it out. So, a basic, bland picture it is! LOL. My son loves powdered sugar so I sprinkled some on it when he decided it didn't look good enough to eat, and the picky eater was satisfied. :)
Oatmeal Cake

1/2 c. butter
1 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. boiling water
2 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon

In a medium bowl, combine the butter, oatmeal and boiling water in a bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining cake ingredients together. Once mixed, add the oatmeal mixture and stir. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment