This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Friday, March 26, 2010

Oatmeal Recipes - Easy Granola Bars -

These did not taste like granola bars in the sense that I expected. More like a cookie bar. If I make them again, I would use old fashioned oatmeal, not the quick oatmeal. It made it more mushy and less palatable. The recipe can be found here, but just in case the link ever gets moved, I wanted to post it as well.

Easy Granola Bars

4 1/2 c. oats
1 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. miniture semi-sweet chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc. for your granola bar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients. Stir in the 2 cups assorted ingredients for your granola bar. Lightly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 F for 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut them into bars. Let the bars cool completely in a pan before removing or serving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment