This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Friday, March 5, 2010

Oatmeal Recipes - No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies -

Okay, so this cookie was the one that came up with everybody I talked with about food storage. But, it is a good recipe, and definitely uses up those oats! I tend to make a double batch of them each time, since I can never keep them on hand very long. This recipe is also a great way to use up some of your powdered milk, and I know that you all are storing some pre-made milk in your fridge, right? The link can be found here.

My 4 year old has recently found her voice about likes & dislikes. She came up to them and while my 7 year old was chanting, "yeah, yeah, yeah!" She told me they looked like poop. Thanks sweetie, that makes me feel so ... great about it.


Food Storage Items Used: Oatmeal, Sugar, Milk, Peanut Butter.


Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter/margarine
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/8 tsp. salt
3 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tbsp. vanilla extract



Directions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Bring it to a rapid boil, stirring occasionally.


Let boil rapidly for one minute, stirring the whole time. Remove from the heat source and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow cookies to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.


Now sit back and enjoy all the wonderful songs of praise your children will give you when they see the yummy treat you've made them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment