This month my focus is on building my 90 day supply of food, with freezer meals!



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oatmeal Recipes -Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies-

Last night was the RS birthday celebration. It was wonderful. But it followed a very busy day, which included whipping these delightful cookies together, painting various furniture (we only have had two nice painting weather days in the months since we moved here ... the last two), bargain grocery shopping, and trying to whip up some homemade cinnamon rolls for the party gift exchange. These yummy cookies are definitely worth the extra stress it added to my day yesterday.
As an added side note ... I always tend to make a double batch when I make cookies. Lots of times I try to freeze the second half to defrost on another date. But, I won't double the amount of chocolate chips I put in the batter. It cuts costs a bit, and no one ever noticed when I started doing it, so I guess it's all good.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp. milk (another great way to use up that powdered milk I keep mixed up in the fridge!)
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. quick or old fashioned oats
1 pkg. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat the brown sugar, butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un greased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or for 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool for 1 minute before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment